Latest News

Sponsor

Featured Video

 
 

Need a Job!! Search here

?max-results=10">Gagdet
');
    ?max-results="+numposts8+"&orderby=published&alt=json-in-script&callback=recentarticles7\"><\/script>");

Video Of Day

Disqus for clicknews

The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches


As I type this right now I am literally boiling with Anger. Imagine! I and my partner went to see the pastor today regarding our marriage plans and we met his absence. I decided to check the church office and behold I met his wife. The following conversation ensued between us

Me- Goodafternoon ma

Pastor's wife- Goodafternoon

Me- Ma, please is pastor around? He asked me and my fiance to see him today

Pastor's wife- which pastor?

Me- pastor abcd(i mentioned his name)

Pastor's wife- turned back stirred at me and shook her head then she said " I would have thought you were referring to someone else, how can you call my husband pastor abcd(his name) this is highly disrespectful. Bla Bla Bla Bla she went on and on about her displeasure. 

Me- I am sorry ma, I summoned my fiance and we left.

Is it wrong for one to refer to his pastor as pastor abcd(his name) For christ sakes where in the bible was it written that we need to address our pastors as mummy and daddy?

By the way, the man in question would not have minded if I addressed him as pastor abcd o but his wife tongue lashed me even in his absence never to call him that again except daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ClickNews Nigeria Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by Bim. Powered by Blogger.